Welcome to our blog! Grab your favorite drink and spend a few minutes with us. We hope you find this opportunity interesting and helpful as you refine your skills stepping out into a new adventure.
I believe IDS is about taking the best of you and bringing it all together. Whatever your experiences are that have brought you to the IDS degree, they add value to your resume. Cornerstone opened my eyes to how valuable IDS is, be proud of it! We are here to help and support you along the way. Feel free to ask us anything. This degree is so versatile, you literally can go anywhere and use it. Don't forget to sign your name to each post, and relax, this will be fun!
Your mentors will be Donna Bauer, Kimberly Buffkin, Tiffany Gray and Jeff Owens. Here's a little about us...
Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany Gray and I am happy to say that I am finally graduating this semester. My degree focuses are Biomedical and Behavioral/Social Science with a minor in Health Administration. I am hoping to work in the professional aspect of a hospital or medical facility. I think that the areas I chose flow extremely well together for the health care field. I have enjoyed the endeavor of obtaining my degree very much because I never got bored in a certain topic. When I got tired of science I would study administration. It worked perfectly for me. I am that girl you find outside doing about anything. I love sports, horseback riding, trail riding, running, and the gym, basically anything active. I am also that person that is passionate about helping people; from children to the elderly. I believe that every day is a gift and not a right, therefore; spend it wisely. I think that laughter is the cure for anything. If you are crying and someone makes you laugh your day will be a little better. I hope we are able to assist you in your adventure to your IDS degree. Ask us a lot of questions and learn as much as you can that is what we are here for. I wish everyone luck in life!
Tiffany Gray
Hi, my name is Donna Bauer I’m an unconventional student. For my classes after my AA degree I have only been able to do online courses. I work full time as a Contract Administrator under an Army Contract. We manage soldier simulators. I am finishing up my degree only to get promoted. I also have two kids (4 & 7). So my life is very, very busy! I started my Interdisciplinary Studies degree in 2008 and so relieved that it is almost over. My minor is in Health Science. My two areas of concentration are Life / Biomedical Science and Public Affairs. Health Science and Life / Biomed are very similar in that the biology course I took for Biomed helped me a lot with my Health Science classes. The Public Affairs portion of my degree was mostly concentrating on Criminal Justice. My degree is kind of all over the place, but it will get me promoted at my current job, so that is what is important at the moment. If I ever go out looking for a new job I will be able to sell the fact that I am very diverse! I look forward to mentoring you. My hobby is photography, of course as a Mom I’m always taking pictures. The problem is digital photography, there are TOO MANY pictures and since I don’t have any extra time they are piling up. I plan to organize after I graduate … right! Let’s make this fun, you can respond any way you wish, just be sure to sign your name.
Donna Bauer
Greetings Cornerstone group! My name is Jeff Owens and I will be one of your mentors throughout this semester via a blog. I am a 6th year senior here at UCF and if all the stars align and everything goes right, I will be graduating in May! I stretched out my undergraduate studies because I took some time to become and Firefighter/Paramedic. I worked for the City of Casselberry in Seminole County. Becoming a paramedic lead me to the path that I am currently on, I aim to go further into medicine and I am currently in the process of applying and interviewing for Physician Assistant programs. I have my first one next week in Roanoke Virginia!
The IDS Degree experience has been great for me. To be completely honest I chose this degree because it seemed like the fastest way for me to finish my bachelors and move on to graduate school. But since taking Cornerstone and Capstone, I have a new found respect and love for this program and have recommended it to many other undergraduate students I know. I can truly say that a degree with multiple areas of concentration is significantly better at preparing future employees to enter the workforce. My areas of concentration are Life/Biomedical Sciences and Social/Behavior Sciences with a minor in health sciences.
I hope that I can be a source of information and knowledge to each and every one of you during this semester. If anyone is thinking about PA school I would love to talk more about the application process and keep you posted on how my interview goes. I hope I can be a source of encouragement as well. Remember to sign your first and last name when posting on the blog; you cannot earn points if we don’t know who wrote the posting. Good luck to everyone, remember Capstone is right around the corner and that means so is graduation!
Jeff Owens
Hello Cornerstone! Welcome to our blog. :)
My name is Kimberly Buffkin and I am in my 20th, yes my 20th year of college. My areas of study are Life/Biomedical Science and Social Science with a minor in Health Science. Fresh out of high school I was a pre-med student, my major was Micro/Molecular Biology. I was passionate about medicine and saving lives. In my last semester at UCF I went to EMT school and my life changed. I loved the job. I went on to Paramedic school and then Fire Standards. I got a job and 12 years later I am a Lieutenant with Orange County Fire Rescue. Along the way I have taken classes, taken breaks, gotten married and had 2 kids. I managed to pick up (3) 2 yr degrees along the way, but I want that B.S. to move on to graduate school. I enjoy so many things, there is not enough time in the day! I guess my passion is for kids, I feel strongly about child abuse/neglect. My second love is photography, I'm a total amateur, but I enjoy playing. I'm a social being and overschedule myself because I like going places and doing things. Add college to the mix and things get crazy sometimes. A good crazy, though. :)
Kimberly Buffkin
Now it's your turn. Tell us about you, your likes and dislikes. What are your areas of concentration within IDS? Why did you choose IDS and what do you plan to do with it? Post an interesting fact about yourself, or a hobby you enjoy. We look forward to hearing all about each of you.
Hi, My name is Melissa Castorino. This is my first time using a blog, so this is a new experience for me. I have an AA from Daytona State College and was attending nursing school there. I was in my third semester, and for many reasons, I decided to change majors. I really love the medical feild, and I loved giving patient care; however, I didn't feel that nursing was the right spot for me. I was going to finish anyway and use that degree to build on, but I had a lot peronal issues happen all at the same time so I felt the best decision was to change majors now.
ReplyDeleteMy areas of study are health science and communications, and I have two minors which are psychology and sociology. This degree is perfect for me because I would like to have a career in the medical field, I am just not sure where yet. I feel that this degree will give me many options for jobs as well as grad school.
I have two wonderful boys ages 2 and 4 so they keep me very busy during the day. I do most of my school stuff after their bedtime. I enjoy riding my bike and yoga. My new adventure is running. My first attempt did not go well. I pulled a muscle and I am almost 100%, so hopefully I will be running again by the end of the week!
Melissa Castorino
Hi Melissa! We have a lot in common. My kids are 3 (just turned 3) and 4. I hear you on the doing things after the kids go to bed, it's my only 'me' time. I also did a year of nursing school and decided it wasn't for me. The good news is, you have some great experience to take with you. The medical field overlaps in so many ways. Have you considered volunteering to get exposure to different occupations? What other areas of medicine interest you? Good luck with the running, doing a half marathon is on my bucket list of things to do in life!
ReplyDeleteKimberly Buffkin
Hi there Melissa,
ReplyDeleteWOW nursing huh... I did the same exact thing. I changed from nursing to IDS. I love the medical field as well, but I HATE needles. I most definately agree with Kim though. Do a lot of volunteering, I wish I would of done more. Where exactly do you see your professional career? Hospitals? Nursing homes? Knowing that will help you move forward in your decision making.
Good luck with the running. If you ever need a partner let me know. I just did a 5k last weekend and I am training for a 10k bridge run now.
Tiffany Gray
Hi TIffany and Kimberly, The needles didn't bother me (which was a suprise!) until it came to starting IV's. I can give a good shot, but the IV thing was not exciting! I chickened out of the opportunity I had to start one on a real live patient! I am actually thinking more on the lines of community health at this point, and I have been thinking about volunteering with the homeless coalition. I honestly have been procrastinating at this point, but I need to go to the website and get signed up!
ReplyDeleteI would love to work up to running a marathon, right now I'm trying to work up to the 3 mile mark. Tiffany, I would love a running partener, but I live all the way up in Palm Coast. So if you happen to live up here, I would love to go, and I could use some tips on getting started!
Melissa Castorino
Hello Melissa,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like there is a trend here....I too was in nursing school at Florida Hospital College before deciding to go the paramedic route and now onto PA school. It sounds like you made a wise decision to make the switch from nursing sooner rather than later. The health care field is rapidly growing with a wide range of jobs. I do suggest doing some shadowing of potential professions to get an idea of what it is like to walk a day in their shoes.
Please ask any questions you may have, we are all here to help in any way we can. Good luck this semester, it sounds like you have your hands full at home!
Jeff Owens
Hello everyone, My name is Hu-Ann Gayle and I'm a fifth-year senior. I just came up on IDS at the end of last semester and I decided that I wanted to change my major so, I am in Cornerstone spring 2011 and I will be taking Capstone this summer 2011. I am walking early in graduation this May since I will be in the process of moving this summer and wouldn't be able to concentrate on graduating. My areas are Physical Sciences and Life/Biomedical sciences with a minor in Health Sciences. All of my areas are relevant to each other and I think they are a great combination for what I would like to do with my life. If I would have known about the IDS degree earlier, I would have had to add an area in Behavioral sciences or something of that sort. I live in Orlando and work for my Mom's and aunt's company back home in West Palm Beach, Fl where they own homes for dually diagnosed individuals with mentally disabilities and developmental disabilities. If I'm not studying, I am usually back home working, or here in Orlando relaxing or shopping. I don't think I have any interesting hobbies however; I do listen to a lot of music. Once graduated, most likely I will be moving back home to West Palm and working and saving money. I plan on taking the GRE during this time and maybe a few Post-bacc courses and then applying for Physician Assistant School. I enjoyed learning a little about all of you all!
ReplyDeleteHu-Ann Gayle
Hello everyone! My name is Danielle, I am 23 years old, a Junior at UCF, and I will be taking all my classes online. My two areas are education and behavioral and social sciences and my minor is health services administration. I love photography, traveling, anything outdoors, horseback riding, architecture, art, and many more things. I really believe that my IDS degree is the right choice for me and will help me combine the things I'm really good at and love for my future career. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
ReplyDeleteDanielle Sandvick
Hi Tiffany Gray,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like we have a lot in common! We both love to be outdoors, active, and we have one of the same areas and the same minor. I saw that you would like to work in a hospital or medical facility, do you know what career you want to go for? I hope to combine education, behavioral science, and health care in my future career. I really want to travel, possibly join the Peace Corps and find a career either in nutrition or teaching or possibly both. What has helped you the most in your IDS career?
Danielle Sandvick
Hi Kimberly Buffkin,
ReplyDeleteWow 20th year of college! What are your three 2-yr degrees in? I almost went for an A.S. degree instead of going for my bachelor's but I figured that since I already have my A.A. I might as well use my scholarship for a bachelor's degree. In your college experiences is there anything you wish you would have done? Have you noticed any disadvantages with going for an IDS degree instead of a traditional bachelor's degree?
Danielle Sandvick
Hey Jeff,
ReplyDeleteOur areas of study are very similar and we both are aspiring P.A.'s. I too first chose IDS to get finished sooner and to get out of taking some unnecessary hard courses in the Molecular and Microbiology major.
With taking the Cornerstone course I have realized that this degree is really great and able to broaden your areas of study. I also realized that this degree makes you look well- rounded to potential employers and such. Well Good luck to you on your interview. I would love to hear how it goes and any advise you would have to offer.
Hu-Ann Gayle
At the beginning of this semester I really felt that the amount of time spent in each area of study was enough to really have a good understanding of those disciplines. As I spend more time in my classes, I am second guessing it a little bit. The students that have one concentrated area of study just seem to know way more than I feel I will know at the end of my degree. Don't get me worng, I love being able to study different areas at one time, and I do think it makes a well rounded degree especially since I don't exantly know what area I want to work in. How do you guys feel now that you are about to graduate? Do you feel that you have enough knowledge in all of your feilds of study or do you wish you had been able to spend more time in amy of the areas?
ReplyDeleteMelissa Castorino
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI am a Cornerstone student and I know that you posed your question to the mentors so excuse me if I impose a response. I am an older student returning to get my Bachelor's degree in IDS. I will tell you first hand that over the course of your adult life, your choice of occupation will more than likely evolve into a career that you never imagined that you would be doing. This, to me, makes a degree in IDS all the more revelant and prepares you more for a real life scenario. Sure, you may be able to get a degree in Engineering and work your way up the ladder to a great Engineer but what if 10 years into this career and you get tired of it? With a degree in IDS, you can use your IDS degree to your benefit to explore different avenues.
Just my opinion, not sure if it is right or wrong...
Robert Gonzalez (can't get used to putting my name on my posts...sorry)
ReplyDeleteHello everyone!
ReplyDeleteI am a senior with concentrations in Life Sciences and Social Sciences and a Minor in Non Profit Management. Graduation is set for this summer if I can find a way to schedule this last microbiology class. I originally started college back in 2001 but for various reasons dropped out :( I am so glad to be back in school and finally finishing my degree. After leaving UCF, I plan on attending graduate school to study Epidemiology at UF or maybe USF. My ideal career is to work as an Epidemiologist Investigator with the CDC or a state health department. It seems that quite a few of us were on the nursing path. I too considered that as a potential career but after talking to a few friends who are nurses I just don't think I would be happy with the work.
Alicia Malebranche
Danielle~
ReplyDeleteThat is a great question.IDS has given me the ability to learn my favorite areas (if that sounds right). I started out in criminology and changed to behavioral and social because I realized that I wanted to study more about behavior and not crime. I feel that in my adventure of obtaining my degree I have learned a variety of skills that makes my useful to employers.
Tiffany Gray
Alicia
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing with nursing. I talked to a few friends as well, and a doctor. I then realized it wasn't for me. I love the idea of graduate school for epidemiology that is awesome. What made you go in that direction? Congrats.
Tiffany Gray
Hu-Ann,
ReplyDeleteWhat made you want to go the PA route? Any programs you have your sights set on yet? I took the GRE twice, my score only went up about 30 points the second time. I recommend taking a review course, they are very pricey but your GRE scores are very important when applying to the competitive PA programs, the close you can get to a score of 1200 the better your chances. Good luck with eveything!
Jeff Owens
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJeff,
ReplyDeleteWell since I could remember I always loved (and still do) medicine and I wanted to go to med school. After being in the Molecular and Microbiology department for about 4 years I just wasn't doing well enough to be considered for med school. So, I started researching and trying to figure out if I REALLY wanted to be a doctor or was there something else out there for me right now.
P.A. programs have always been in my mind, just never actually thought I would go that route, until now. I heard from a med student that it is best to go to a school with the largest program, because they are more prone to helping you as opposed to smaller programs. I would think it's the other way around but I don't know. I had my mind set to go to one of the Nova PA programs in FL but really I guess it is just down to which ever schools accept you. I plan on taking a GRE review course once I graduate and have time to focus on it so I can do really well. Good luck to you again!
Hu-Ann Gayle
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, and understand. I feel somewhat the same as I was a M&M major and felt like I had an area of expertise having taken many of the heavy science classes. But I have to agree with Robert, the IDS degree is so much better suited for me, as an adult in a career. Your degree can be whatever you make of it. Sure, you won't have the concentration of one subject matter, but unless you are going into that specific field, you won't need it. A huge part of surviving in the working world is communicating and being able to see the other side of things. I think IDS really prepares you in that respect. You will be able to go out and do whatever you like. If you decide later you want to have a more specific degree, you can always go back to school. Part of college is the experience, and I believe IDS is great experience. To answer your question though, I do wish I would have finished my M&M degree, but it is for personal satisfaction only - not because I'll be able to use it in my life. I have realized that IDS is the perfect degree for me, and would have switched over long ago if I would have known about it. I can pull from all the different classes I've taken, and bring it together in my daily life both at home and work. I hope you find satisfaction in IDS, it's a respectable and valuable degree you'll benefit from. :)
Danielle,
ReplyDeleteYes, 20 years is a long time. Especially since I started fresh out of high school. I wanted my B.S. in 4 years, but my life took me other places, which I guess is alright. I have my A.A., an A.S. and also an A.S. in Emergency Medical Services. I probably have enough credits for an A.S. in Fire Science, too but haven't applied for the degree. Part of my problem is I enjoy too many things. So I start something and do it, then start something else. I also love school. When I'm off for a semester or two I start feeling lost. It's crazy, I know. If I had to say what I wish I would have done is to have been more focused. I wish I would have finished my M&M degree rather than taking a break. I feel like I devoted a lot of time to that degree. I'm only missing 2 classes for it. But it's Biochem, and it's been too long since I've been in heavy science classes to just pick up Biochem and take it. Overall though, I can't say I'd trade anything because I'm in a great position at work, I've done well and don't know that I'd want anything different. I am a fan of the IDS degree, I cannot think of one disadvantage. It truly is an awesome degree, that will prepare you for anything out in the working world. Good luck!
Kimberly Buffkin
Thanks Jeff for the GRE tips. I was planning to take the GRE prep class this summer and take the new GRE this fall. So much is dependent on this test! I am usually very good at standardized test. I seem to have a talent for "thinking like a test taker" as Princeton Review would say.
ReplyDeleteI decided to study epidemiology after my first microbiology course. During that first semester I found myself on the CDC website pretty often. The more I read about the work the CDC does the more I wanted to be a part of their mission. I’m also a fan of CSI and Medical Mystery TV shows .
ReplyDeleteAlicia Malebranche
Hi everyone, I feel so late and so lost in this class. Its been crazy, I have taken many online classes and this one is by far the most confusing. My areas in IDS are psychology and life and biomedical sciences. I chose IDS because I was all over the place with different classes and I couldn't fit my taken classes into any specific major. I am taking my prerequisites for occupational therapy school now. One of my favorite hobbies is filming different things and making video collages.
ReplyDeleteHello everyone! I too feel a little lost, so Brittney you're not alone. I am 21 and it looks like I'm going to be a 5 year senior. But that's ok, as long as I finish I'll be happy. My areas in IDS are health, behavioral/social sciences with a minor in education. I chose IDS because I just couldn't decide on one specific area of study. So I get the best of the things I am interested this way.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting married this summer, so wedding planning has been a big part of the last few months. I enjoy going to the beach and doing things with my family and fiance.
Hello all, my name is Jonathan Kress. My Interdisciplinary Studies path has been an interesting one but I am excited to move forward with a new focus in my academic career. I actually have three minors in General Business, Hospitality, and Marketing. My areas of study are Health Services Administration and Communications. I always enjoyed taking classes with new information in college after coming into school as an Undeclared student I knew that I had interests in a few areas and a did a great job of taking classes within each area of study. I enjoyed my Hospitality as well as Business courses, so I had a problem picking just one to finish my degree in my earlier years.
ReplyDeleteThis all being said, I am excited to keep working toward my degree. This blog is an interesting resource in some levels but I am quite confused about the criterion for this first posting. I have looked at this 5 times and now realize there was actually conversation occurring in the comments. I hope this blog allows us to interact fully with our mentors and peers.
Danielle, I love taking online classes as well, I find that I am more engaged now than I have ever been in my academic career and I can move at my own pace. I took a few education classes as well, but mine were primarily courses that revolved around sports, I took two coaching classes. They were very enjoyable, hope you enjoy the education area of study.
ReplyDeleteJonathan Kress
Amanda,
ReplyDeleteWedding planning must keep you so busy. I know that I have attended some of the "samplings" for friends and I really enjoyed the food portion of the equation. Good luck with keeping up with classes and running around with your wedding.
For your information I checked the mentoring module and you should include your first and last name in all posts as a signature I assume.
Jonathan Kress
Hello everyone!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to see that there are other aspiring PA students out there! Although I've changed my major several times and had a couple of set-backs, I'm en route to getting my IDS degree and eventually--hopefully--attending PA school. I've always been fascinated by medical science, and my father is a PA as well. After toying with the idea of law school and a doctorate in Philosophy (yeah, I don't know what I was thinking), this is the choice I feel really suits me and feels "right." Part of me wants to kick myself for not coming to this conclusion sooner, but I also wouldn't trade most of my past experience for anything; it's all been integral in making me who I am today.
Best of luck to you with your interview, Jeff! Please let us know how everything goes. If you have any words of wisdom or if you'd like to be my go-to buddy for any PA school related questions, that would be great. ;)
Thanks!
-- Kristina Young
I didn't state this in my last post, but my areas of concentration are Life/Biomedical Sciences and Behavioral/Social Sciences, with a (tentative) minor in History. As I mentioned in my previous post, I plan on attending PA school after I finish my Bachelor's degree. I chose IDS because with the coursework I've done so far it seems to be the quickest way to finish my degree when you add in the pre-requisites I need for PA school. Regardless of how "quick" my track is, I think IDS is an excellent major, simply because of the ability to diversify yourself and your studies.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to "hobbies," aside from going to the gym (which I wouldn't really call a hobby, I guess...I don't particularly enjoy it always!). I love reading anything from comics ("The Walking Dead") to Harry Potter to Ayn Rand to Nietzsche. I'm also slightly addicted to World of Warcraft, although I've had to curb that addiction lately as school and work have pretty much consumed my life!
-- Kristina Young
Hi, my name is Tyler and I am hoping to attend veterinary school after UCF. My areas of study are Biomedical and Commerce with a minor in Music. I know it seems random, but with commerce and biomed combined, I hope I can manage a veterinary hospital someday! Music is my hobby, and I am in the UCF Women's Chorus. Music is more than a hobby for me, though. It's what keeps me sane through all the academic stress!
ReplyDeleteRecently, I've been considering taking the semester of classes to become an EMT. I would love to get that experience and have a steady salary while saving up for veterinary school. If I could be qualified to help both people and animals, that would be so satisfying for me, because I love being helpful to those in need.
Animals are my passion, and I honestly can't wait to start applying to grad school and finish up my IDS degree!
--Tyler Herring
Hello, My name is Travis Hunt and I am a junior here at UCF although it is only my second year in college. I finished my first year of college and my last year of high school all at the same time through a dual enrollment program back in my home town of Clearwater, Fl. My areas of study are Biomedical/Life Science and Physical Sciences with a minor in Sociology. It may seem strange that Sociology is thrown in there but it makes sense once I explain I promise. The areas of study are what I need to go into Chiropractic college once I get done here at UCF and the Sociology is just for fun since it is a subject I enjoy and I figured that since everything else was taken care of I might as well have some fun in some of my classes. As you might have guessed, I wish to be a Chiropractor. This is because both my mother and grandfather are Chiropractors back home and once I am a doctor I will take over the family business. I'm very excited to be done with UCF and on to Chiropractic college which is conveniently located just north of here in Daytona Beach.
ReplyDelete--Travis Hunt
Hello, my name is Kevin Vasquez and I am a senior on track to graduate next fall. My two areas include Health and Computational Science with a minor in Coaching. What i plan to do after graduation I have no idea. Well in a way I do. I play on the baseball team at UCF and stay pretty busy with that. So thinking about the future has been hard job wise. I have the chance to play pro ball next year and I am working towards that. If no baseball then getting a part time job and finishing up my degree and going from there. I look forward to the these mentoring blogs and getting to know you all a little bit better.
ReplyDelete-Kevin Vasquez
Travis-
ReplyDeleteThats pretty cool how this is only your second year of college. Its always nice going to see a Chiropractor being an athlete. I wish you luck with that and you seem to be well on your way.
-Kevin Vasquez
Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI understand how you feel about being late and lost. This class is confusing but if you check daily and just go week to week and print out a schedule it helps. As well you can post questions and talk to the professor. She is very nice and is always willing to help. Filming is awesome i am in to photography. I just started but i really enjoy it.
Kevin Vasquez
Good evening fellow IDS classmates, I must say, all of the activities and sites that this class requires in a week's worth of work will definitely prepare us for the classes that we will have going forward. It can be quite a challenge to be sure we have all of our work done but heck, who doesn't like a challenge. I work full time and as with most people, some weeks are much busier than others. I think that the ability to learn how to multi-task will make us successful in all of our lives, the working world can not and will not put up with workers who only know how to do one thing and one thing at a time. The pool of workers who have multi-disciplinary skills and know how to keep all of the plates spinning and get the work done at the same time will be the cream of the crop when it comes to getting jobs and keeping them. Work hard, study hard and when the time comes, you will get to play hard and have fun.
ReplyDeleteRobert Gonzalez
Kimberly B,
ReplyDeleteI have the same problem with focusing on one thing at a time (you should see me clean a house :-/ but I just enjoy doing so many different things too!
Danielle Sandvick
Jonathan,
ReplyDeleteThank you! I really enjoy the fitness and nutrition side of health and I think I will really enjoy my education classes :-)
Danielle Sandvick
Tiffany G,
ReplyDeleteI understand about not wanting to study crime so much just behavior. I wish you the best of luck with your future job searches!
Danielle Sandvick
Travis,
ReplyDeleteI too am pursuing a minor in Sociology, not only is the subject matter interesting, I think you can put it to use in the real world. It helps you to understand how and why people and society act as they do. It is good that you know what you want to do already and have family that work in the same field, you can always go to them for advice because you can learn from them what you will not get in school about this occupation.
Robert Gonzalez
Jeff,
ReplyDeleteYou said you have a minor in Health Science. My minor is currently History simply because I had a handful of history courses left over from when I transferred from FSU. However, I'm REALLY thinking about changing my minor. I haven't looked into a Health Science minor but it seems like it would be more beneficial than a History one since I'm wanting to apply to PA school. This may be a silly question, but do you feel like this was a good choice for your minor? Or if you could go back would you have chosen something else?
Thanks!
-- Kristina Young